Tuesday, November 27, 2012

O Sleepless Night

 
 
 
This song is a parody of O Holy Night. When I first thought of writing a parody of this song, I wanted to write about how I thought Mary's first night with Jesus really went. (Him crying, being hungry and her not getting much sleep, etc.) However, I couldn't figure out a way of doing this without being irreverent. So, I decided to base the song on my own experience. Besides, who knows, maybe he was a perfect baby.

I wrote the first two verses of this song based on a real night I experienced with my 2 boys shortly after my second son was born. I kept racking my brain trying to think of words to the third verse. I finally wrote the third verse when the insomnia of my current pregnancy hit me.

Funny thing is, I'm due with our third child in 2 weeks so I will most likely have a lot of nights like this in the near future. At least I'll have something to sing to myself to maybe make me laugh instead of cry.....

I hope you like it! Let the Christmas season begin!

2 comments:

  1. So funny and TRUE! Thanks for sharing and letting us laugh with you in this experience all we moms can relate to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I've had many such nights myself, glad to hear I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete