Thursday, October 25, 2012

5th Day of Preschool

I know this post is long overdue, but what would you expect from a blog titled "Moms for Lowered Expectations"?
 
So, I took a picture on Wayne's first day of preschool. Of course Bruce had to have a backpack on too. They look so adorable....okay, I'm a little bias:)
 
 
Then, my husband came home and happened to be browsing on my Facebook page before bed. He commented on all the "first day of school" pics that were posted. I told him I also took a picture of our kids. He said, "Yeah, but did you see the cool picture of the kid holding the sign that it was his first day of Kindergarten?" I replied, "Yes I did and no I did not do that." He thought the sign was really cool. (Thanks a lot Amber Bray for raising the bar!)
 
We decided it would be funny to do a 2nd day of Preschool sign. Well, it was taking me a while to get used to getting the boys ready and out the door so we ended up with a 5th day of Preschool sign. Now, I thought it shouldn't be too hard to get him to just stand there with the sign. However, he had another piece of artwork he also wanted to hold in the other hand and we had to shake them in the air.  

 
Below is the pic where I was looking at him with my serious face saying, "Please just hold the sign up so I can see it." He was giving me his serious face back:)
 
 
 
Then, the boys had to fight over the sign because it is such a cool toy:)
 
 
Here is the sign, since I realized after taking the pic that you can't read anything on it:
 

 
The bottom part reads, "Mom finally got us all ready on time so we could take this stress-free pic with this really cool sign!" "Stress-free", that's funny.....because all mornings before school are stress-free, right?
 
So what kind of funny getting ready in the morning story do you have?
 
(I think I fixed the settings on the blog so anyone can leave a comment, if you want. You don't have to have a Google account anymore. Just to let you know:)

9 comments:

  1. Misty,
    I am 55 years old and well past my "mommy" years, yet I am sitting here bawling. I wish we had had the internet so I could have realized there were other moms facing the same thing I was. Then I could have lowered my expectations a little and known it was ok, I was ok and my kids were (and are) definitely ok. In fact my oldest daughter posted a link to your blog on her facebook and that is how I got a good laugh (and cry). Thank you so much, and you are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anonymous! I almost didn't write this post thinking it was too long ago and not funny anymore:) It is so hard to not fall into that trap of thinking we are totally messing up our kids and that every other mom is doing it right and we are not.

      Delete
  2. HAhahhaa!!!! : ) Misty, does it make you feel better that I saw the title of this post this morning, didn't have time to read until now, but it reminded me that I have yet to take N's "first day of Playschool" picture and that I really need to take it the next sunny day we have so I have one, and how I'm hoping that years from now, none of us will remember that I took it two months late?!?! : ) So, the bar is actually only half-raised...and possibly not even attached on one side...how's that for lowered expectations? ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so funny! I won't tell anyone about your "two month late" picture:) You're secret is safe with me:)

      Delete
  3. You make me laugh. Better 5th Day of School than not at all. The joys of raising boys. :) Sidenote: I have a blog, which I rarely use these days I might add, but it has the exact same background. Great taste. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys are so funny! I picked the background at the top because every spring, and the rest of the summer, we have a ton of dandelions in our yard. I keep telling myself that I am going to get out there and get rid of them before they infest our neighbors yard. Yeah, I haven't got to it yet:)

      I like your blog! You get some great deals and the Old Navy post was awesome!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for helping me feel better when I see all those kids out there with cute first-day-of-school signs. I also feel bad when I see pictures of babies with the "I'm two months old today" signs. I did not do that with either of my girls. Now at least I know I'm in good company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I didn't even do "real" pics of my kids when they were babies. I do kind of wish I had, but oh well.

      Delete